Residence with ownership rights (Äganderätt)

Compared to purchasing a flat, this purchase gives you full ownership of the entire house and the property that belongs to it. This housing type is called Äganderätt. These houses can be a single house, terraced house, holiday house, land and occasionally apartments. Since you own the property and there is no housing association, you do not need any permission in order to rent out your property.